Pages

December 2, 2012

Freezer Meal Cooking Day 1....

I didn't really intend this little endeavor to be a multi-day project, but apparently that is what it has become.  Oh, well, I guess.  I have managed to get all the shopping done for all of the recipes I intend to cook/store.  I really planned to shop all in one day, then the next just cook.  So far it hasn't happened like that.  Oops.  I'm ready though, whenever the notion strikes to start cooking!  So, my thoughts so far are as such.......


2012-12-02 23.12.28.jpg
A sample of my shopping loot




1.  Leave the kids at home for shopping!  I usually don't get the luxury of shopping alone, but when it comes to this sort of project, I think we are going to have to make some exceptions.  Too many helpers in the store!

2.  Make a really good list.  I had a wonderfully printed copy of all the items and how many, but still managed to get a bit off track when it came to which store I was suppose to buy what in.

3.  Clean the kitchen BEFORE you shop.  This sounds like a no-brainer right?  Apparently not.  I'm still amazed at myself.

4.  Shop the sales papers.  I planned on going to 3 different stores based on what was on sale.  At one store,   I cut about $50 from the regular price just by getting items on sale!

Some of the recipes I plan on making are chili, pulled pork, and several different casseroles.  My agenda for tomorrow is to cook the boston butt in the slow cooker so by the time I get home tomorrow evening I can at least get the pulled pork in the freezer.  This recipe is sooooo easy.  I'll share it at a later post.

I'm excited to see how tomorrow goes. And the next day...And the next......wasn't this suppose to eliminate daily cooking?  Ha!  I know...it'll just take a bit of time to get it together.

Stay tuned!

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment